CAST OFF CONFIDENTLY WITH A PREMIUM MARINE HANDHELD GPS
Stay on course with the GPSMAP 86i handheld. It provides all the outdoor functions and global communications of the GPSMAP® 66 series and adds on-the-water features — including wireless connectivity to your onboard marine system.
- It’s water resistant, and it floats, so it’s as at home on the water as you.
- See all your marine system info at a glance with boat data streaming.
- Cruise with peace of mind. inReach interactive SOS is there if you need it2.
- Send and receive text messages from anywhere2.
- Put convenient control of your autopilot and Fusion® systems at your fingertips.
- Stay out longer with up to 35 hours of battery life in 10-minute tracking mode.
Sync with compatible Garmin chartplotters and instruments to see real-time boat data displayed right on your handheld.
Get convenient remote operation of select onboard Fusion marine products.
When you’re underway, an adjustable GPS filter smooths speed and heading indications as you pass over swells for more accurate tracking.
See worldwide shaded relief coverage, including oceans, seas, major lakes and rivers. And see international and state political boundaries and time zone information.
Add optional BlueChart g3 coastal charts give you leading-edge coverage, clarity and detail with integrated Garmin and Navionics data.
Even when you’re not at the helm, you can control your boat. Access the autopilot app to change heading, engage pattern steering and follow a GPS route.
Whether you’re out for a day of fishing, sailing or cruising, gain peace of mind that comes from having a backup navigator.
Navigate anywhere with ABC sensors, including an altimeter for elevation data, barometer to monitor weather and 3-axis electronic compass.
The Iridium® satellite network1 lets you send and receive custom and preset text messages or emails with a delivery confirmation2.
Share your adventures with your web-based MapShare™ trip-sharing page so loved ones can see your progress or ping your device to see your GPS location2.
In case of emergency, trigger an interactive SOS message to the Garmin IERCC, a 24/7 staffed professional emergency response coordination centre via the 100% global Iridium satellite network.
Receive weather forecasts directly on your device, so you can make educated decisions based on local conditions or the destination ahead2.
Get smart notifications right on your GPSMAP 86i handheld when you pair it with your compatible smartphone.
GARMIN EXPLORE™ APP
Sync GPSMAP 86i with Garmin Explore for cloud management of your favourite waypoints, tracks and routes.
GPSMAP 86i offers Wi-Fi® connectivity, ANT+® technology and Bluetooth® wireless technology for easy wireless updates and connections.
The GPSMAP 86i helps you keep gear to a minimum with a built-in LED flashlight that can be used as a beacon to signal for help.
The internal, rechargeable lithium battery provides up to 35 hours of battery life in 10-minute tracking mode and up to 200 hours in expedition mode3.
In the Box:
- GPSMAP 86i handheld with worldwide basemap
- Powered mount
- USB to Micro USB cable
- USB to 2 pin cable
- Mounting hardware
- DIMENSION: 2.65" x 7" x 1.7" (6.75w x 17.8h x 4.4d cm)
- DISPLAY SIZE: 1.5"W x 2.5"H (3.8 x 6.3 cm); 3" diag (7.6 cm)
- DISPLAY RESOLUTION: 240 x 400 pixels
- DISPLAY TYPE: transflective, 65K color TFT
- WEIGHT: 9.59 oz (272 g)
- WATERPROOF: IPX7
- BATTERY TYPE: rechargeable, internal lithium-ion
- BATTERY LIFE: up to 35 hours at 10-minute tracking; up to 200 hours at 30-minute tracking (power save mode)
- MIL-STD-810 yes (thermal, shock, water)
- INTERFACE high speed microUSB and NMEA 0183 compatible
- MEMORY/HISTORY 16 GB (user space varies based on included mapping)
- ABILITY TO ADD MAPS: Yes
- BASEMAP: Yes
- MAP SEGMENTS: 15000
- SATELLITE IMAGERY: yes (direct to device)
- INCLUDES SEARCHABLE POINTS OF INTERESTS (PARKS, CAMPGROUNDS, SCENIC LOOKOUTS AND PICNIC SITES): Yes (downloadable from Garmin Express™)
- DISPLAYS NATIONAL, STATE AND LOCAL PARKS, FORESTS, AND WILDERNESS AREAS: Yes (downloadable from Garmin Express™)
- EXTERNAL MEMORY STORAGE: yes (32 GB max microSD™ card, not included)
- WAYPOINTS/FAVORITES/LOCATIONS: 10000
- TRACKS: 250
- NAVIGATION TRACK LOG: 20,000 points, 250 saved gpx tracks, 300 saved fit activities
- NAVIGATION ROUTES: 250, 250 points per route; 50 points auto routing
- RINEX LOGGING: Yes
- HIGH-SENSITIVITY RECEIVER: Yes
- GPS: Yes
- GALILEO: Yes
- BAROMETRIC ALTIMETER: Yes
- COMPASS: Yes (tilt-compensated 3-axis)
- GPS COMPASS (WHILE MOVING): Yes
- CONNECT IQ™ (DOWNLOADABLE WATCH FACES, DATA FIELDS, WIDGETS AND APPS): Yes
- SMART NOTIFICATIONS ON HANDHELD: Yes
- VIRB® REMOTE: Yes
- PAIRS WITH GARMIN CONNECT™ MOBILE: Yes
- ACTIVE WEATHER: Yes
- LIVETRACK: Yes
- POINT-TO-POINT NAVIGATION: Yes
- AREA CALCULATION: Yes
- HUNT/FISH CALENDAR: Yes
- SUN AND MOON INFORMATION: Yes
- XERO™ LOCATIONS: Yes
- GEOCACHING-FRIENDLY: yes (Geocache Live)
- CUSTOM MAPS COMPATIBLE: yes (500 custom map tiles)
- PICTURE VIEWER: Yes
- LED BEACON FLASHLIGHT: Yes
- INTERACTIVE SOS: Yes
- SEND AND RECEIVE TEXT MESSAGES TO SMS AND EMAIL: Yes
- SEND AND RECEIVE TEXT MESSAGES TO OTHER INREACH DEVIC: Yes
- EXCHANGE LOCATIONS WITH OTHER INREACH DEVICE: Yes
- MAPSHARE COMPATIBLE WITH TRACKING: Yes
- VIRTUAL KEYBOARD FOR CUSTOM MESSAGING: Yes
- SEND WAYPOINTS TO MAPSHARE DURING TRIP: Yes
- SEND ROUTE SELECTION TO MAPSHARE DURING TRIP: Yes
- INREACH REMOTE COMPATIBLE: Yes
- COMPATIBLE WITH GARMIN EXPLORE™ APP: Yes
- GARMIN EXPLORE WEBSITE COMPATIBLE: Yes
- CONNECTIONS WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY: yes (Wi-Fi®, BLUETOOTH®, ANT+®)
- American Express
- Visa Debit
- Bank Deposit