Nikwax TX Direct® Spray-On is easy and quick to apply, and its highly Durable Water Repellency (DWR) develops on air drying. The need for tumble drying is removed, this saves energy and protects more vulnerable, older, garments from heat. Nikwax TX Direct Spray has been specifically designed and optimised for breathable waterproof garments; it leaves a flexible water repellent treatment on individual fibres allowing moisture vapour to pass through, maintaining breathability.
• Adds or renews water repellency and revives breathability • Prolongs the life of gear and optimises outdoor performance • Easy spray-on application method for clothing with wicking liners • No heat activation required • Water-based, fluorocarbon-free & environmentally responsible • Will proof up to 4 garments.
Nikwax Tech Wash is the worlds No. 1 High performance solution for technical wet weather clothing and equipment that effectively cleans, revives breathability and water repellency, keeping you and your gear performing in all conditions from light drizzle at a local sporting event to multi-day hikes through the peaks of Australia's High Country.
Breathable waterproof garments are most likely to get sweaty and wet inside when used in damp or wet conditions. If the outer fabric absorbs water, the garment can lose up to 70% of its breathability. Therefore, the Durable Water Repellency (DWR) on the outer fabric of your jacket must be maintained to ensure comfort. Nikwax Tech Wash will revitalise the DWR and therefore breathability of your garment.
Your waterproof clothing and equipment could be soaking up water because the Durable Water Repellency (DWR) has been compromised by dirt, or because it has been cleaned with a conventional laundry detergent. Dirt attracts water and household detergents leave water attracting (hydrophilic) residues, leading to fabric 'wetting out' in wet or damp conditions. If your waterproof clothing or equipment is relatively new, or recently treated with a Nikwax waterproofer, then cleaning with Nikwax Tech Wash will not only remove contaminants, such as dirt and residues left behind by household detergents, but also revitalise DWR.
Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™ is a highly effective cleaner which has been specifically designed and optimised for breathable waterproof footwear. Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™ is a safe product to use on breathable waterproof footwear as it does not leave water-attracting (hydrophilic) residues, which lead to fabric and leather absorbing water and 'wetting out'. Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™ removes water-absorbent dirt and stains picked up during use; this revitalises Durable Water Repellency (DWR) and causes water to bead on the outer surface.
Regular cleaning with Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™ will revitalise existing DWR and revive the breathability of your footwear, keeping your feet dry and comfortable.
Nikwax takes great care to minimise the effect of Nikwax products on the environment and on you, the consumer. Nikwax avoids materials in its cleaners like palm oil, that has been sourced from unsustainable plantations. Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™ is environmentally friendly; it is non-hazardous, WaterBased and biodegradable.
• Cleans all types of shoes and boots while maintaining existing water-repellency • Soap based cleaner for full grained leather, suede, nubuck, and synthetic footwear • Sponge-on applicator included • Recommended for use on all water repellent shoes and boots including GORE-TEX • Water based, biodegradable, and contains no PFCs, VOCs, optical brighteners, or added scent. We are NZ's largest firearms dealers. We have been selling, importing, exporting, manufacturing, customising and repairing firearms and accessories since 1978. We have the largest range of guns, ammo, and accessories online in New Zealand.
Easy to use, safe, high performance wash in waterproofing for down filled clothing and gear.
Nikwax Down Proof™ has been specifically designed and optimized for down filled gear. It adds Durable Water Repellency (DWR), which protects against rain and condensation, improving the natural insulating properties of down.
Nikwax Down Proof™ prolongs the effective life of your down gear. It leaves a flexible water repellent treatment on individual down filaments and fabric fibers allowing moisture vapor to pass through, maintaining breathability and optimizing performance in cold and damp conditions.
Nikwax Down Proof™ is a safe, easy to use product for down filled gear. It is quick to apply in a washing machine and ensures that the treatment goes right through the item, treating both the outer fabric and the down fill. The DWR of Nikwax Down Proof™ develops on air drying. However, tumble drying is recommended to ensure that the down is dried thoroughly and as quickly as possible. Leaving down wet or damp can ruin it completely.
Nikwax Down Proof™ adds Durable Water Repellency; reducing weight gain, maintaining the insulation and breathability of down filled items in cold and damp conditions.
Down filled items are used to provide lightweight insulation to keep you warm. The structure of down allows air to be trapped between its filaments and warmed by body heat to provide insulation for the user.
If down gets wet it clumps together. This causes it to lose loft and insulation as it can’t trap air effectively. When wet, down loses all of its insulating properties, as water conducts heat away from the body up to 25 times faster than air. It will also gain weight and its breathability will be significantly reduced; leaving you feeling cold, wet and uncomfortable.
Down filled items are most likely to get sweaty and wet inside when used in damp or wet conditions. Therefore it is important to stop down filled gear from getting wet by applying Durable Water Repellency (DWR). The outer fabric of your down filled item, as well as the down inside, must be maintained to ensure comfort. Through use it will eventually wear off and need to be renewed with Nikwax Down Proof™.
• Effective wash-in waterproofing for down filled gear • Revives insulation and breathability in your down items • Adds water-repellency when your down items start to soak up water • Easy and safe to use • Zero fluorocarbon (PFC) • 300ml / 10 oz bottle
This brilliant waterproofing wax not only keeps feet dry, but it can be used on either wet or dry leather and once applied, the items treated can be used immediately without waiting for the wax to dry. Its fast-acting, deeply penetrative ingredients add water repellency, reduce water absorption and maintain breathability. It also revives the appearance of leather, maintains its suppleness and even adds to or enhances the shine.
• Easy to use WaterBased wax for smooth leather • Waterproofing Wax protects walking, motorcycle, work, and sports footwear plus bridle work and saddlery • Adds Durable Water Repellency - Provides immediate protection to wet or dry leather • Maintains breathability - Replenishes tanning agents to maintain the support of leather footwear without over-softening • Water-based, non-flammable and fluorocarbon-free WaterBased waterproofing cream for smooth leather footwear.
The Nubuck & Suede Proof™ is what you need when your footwear is soaking up water even when clean. It is easy to use waterproofing that maintains the breathability, support, and texture of your nubuck and suede footwear. This proofer is WaterBased, non-aerosol, non-flammable, non-hazardous and environmentally friendly for safe use and can be applied with the spray-on applicator. Ideal for footwear with breathable linings.
• Adds water repellency • Prolongs life and performance of all nubuck or suede footwear • Maintains breathability • Ideal for footwear with breathable linings e.g. GORE-TEX® • Can be used on wet footwear • Easy to apply – can be used indoors unlike solvent based sprays • WaterBased – environmentally friendly, biodegradable, non-flammable, non-hazardous • Does not contain fluorocarbons • Note: Light/coloured nubuck or suede may darken after treatment. Test on a hidden area first.
Nikwax manufactures high-quality cleaning and waterproofing products. Nikwax prolongs the life and enhances the performance of clothing, footwear & equipment. Whether you work or spend your leisure time outside, Nikwax keeps you dry.
Nikwax products are easy to use. The products go exactly where needed; less product is wasted, saving you money. You can treat gear with Nikwax in your washing machine, by hand or by using our spray-on products.
Nikwax products are safe to use. No propellant gases, non-toxic, no fluorocarbons, environmentally safe. It’s WaterBased. By using Nikwax you can renew your gear and reduce the impact on the earth's resources.
Nikwax products keep you dry. Nikwax ensures you get maximum performance from your gear so you stay dry, warm and comfortable in wet weather. Enjoy your time in the outdoors (even if it is work!!)
TX.Direct Spray-On is easy to use, safe, high-performance spray-on waterproofing for wet weather clothing.
Adds durable water repellency revives breathability and maintains internal wicking properties.
Tech Wash is number one in terms of ease of use and performance.
Safe to use, it is the ideal cleaner for wet weather clothing and equipment.
Cleans effectively, reviving breathability and water repellency.
• One 300ml bottle of TX.Direct Spray-On. • One 300ml bottle of Tech Wash.
Water-based waterproofing liquid for smooth leather footwear. High performance waterproofing that maintains support and breathability.
Take on the wind and rain with confidence with the Nikwax Waterproofing Wax For Leather Liquid. This environmentally friendly wax provides Durable Water Repellency (DWR), maintains breathability and replenishes tanning agents.
• Prolongs life and performance of all smooth leather footwear • Maintains breathability • Ideal for footwear with breathable linings e.g. Gore-Tex • Can be used on wet footwear • Easy to apply. Can be used indoors unlike solvent based products • Will not over soften leather • WaterBased - environmentally friendly, biodegradable, non flammable, non hazardous
Nikwax Tech Wash® is the market leader; it has been specifically designed and optimised for breathable waterproof fabrics. Nikwax Tech Wash® is a highly effective cleaner. Additionally it will revitalise existing Durable Water Repellency (DWR) and revive breathability. It is the safe way to thoroughly clean your waterproof clothing and equipment. Application in a washing machine is quick, easy, and ensures that the whole garment is thoroughly cleaned.
Benefits Cleans effectively, reviving breathability and water repellency.
Directions for use
• Use Nikwax Tech Wash® in a washing machine... • Use neat Tech Wash® and a sponge, or soft nylon brush, to treat stubborn stains before washing. Remove all non-washable parts. Shake well before use. Follow care label instructions. Do not use detergents. • Remove all detergent build up from the detergent dispenser. • Place item(s) in washing machine (maximum 2 items). • Use 150ml in medium/hard water* areas and 100ml in soft water areas for 1-2 items. • Wash according to care label. • Immerse item(s) in 6L hand-hot water in sink or bowl. • Use 150ml in medium/hard water* areas and 100ml in soft water areas for 1-2 items. • Rinse 3 times in clean water. • If your kettle furs up you have hard water. For extreme hard water use 200ml. • If the item doesn’t require re-waterproofing, air dry or tumble dry on a low setting if care label allows. • If you intend to re-waterproof the washed item there is no need to dry it first. • Use Nikwax TX.Direct® for breathable clothing, Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarProof® for equipment, or Nikwax Cotton Proof™ for cotton, polycotton and canvas.
TX.Direct® Wash-In adds water repellency and revives breathability to fabrics without wicking liners that have been thoroughly worn and are soaking up water rather than repelling it. Use in conjunction with Tech Wash® to clean your wet weather gear and then use TX.Direct® to provide a breathable, Durable Water Repellent finish. Easy and safe to use.
• Adds / renews water repellency and revives breathability • Prolongs the life of gear and optimises outdoor performance • Easy to apply – can be used in a washing machine, no tumble drying required • Will not affect cosmetic appearance • WaterBased, environmentally friendly, biodegradable, non-flammable, non-hazardous • Does not contain fluorocarbons
Polar Proof adds Durable Water Repellency (DWR); reducing weight gain and maintaining breathability and insulation of Fleece in wet weather. Fleece fabrics are used to provide lightweight, insulating mid layers and additionally hats and gloves to keep you warm. Fleece fabrics are made from synthetic fibres. The construction of the fabric allows air to be trapped between the fibres and warmed by body heat to provide insulation for the user.
Although the individual fibres of fleece cannot absorb water, it is possible for water to become trapped in the spaces between the fibres. The accumulation of water reduces the insulating properties of fleece and also causes weight gain; fleece can hold up to 50% of its weight in water!
This reduces the comfort of the user causing them to feel wet and cold, but more importantly the reduction in insulation is dangerous and in severe cases can lead to hypothermia. Ok if you are close to home but what if you were high in the Snowy Mountains of Australia? It would be irresponsible not to keep your Fleece in top condition.
Polar Proof has been specifically designed and optimised for fleece garments; it leaves a flexible water repellent treatment on individual fibres allowing moisture vapour to pass through, maintaining breathability and optimising performance in wet weather. Additionally, it inhibits pilling of fleece fabrics, prolonging the life of gear.
Nikwax Polar Proof is easy and quick to apply in a washing machine and ensures that the treatment goes right through the garment. The highly Durable Water Repellency (DWR) of Nikwax Polar Proof develops on air drying. Therefore the need for tumble drying is removed, saving energy.
For best results always clean item(s) first with Nikwax Tech Wash in a separate wash cycle. No need to dry item(s) before waterproofing. Shake well before use. Follow care label instructions.