Thermal performance with class
Fast aperture F50/1.0 germanium lens
The characteristics of thermal imaging optics have a decisive influence on a thermal imager’s ability to capture even the lowest radiation levels. Ultimate detection efficiency is achieved with the fast lens of the Merger LRF (F50/1.0) thermal imager in combination with the highly sensitive thermal sensor. The Merger LRF gives users the best quality, most detailed & high-contrast, informative imagery every time, even during rain or fog, when the temperature contrast of the observed scene is minimal.
Classic design. Compact size
Merger LRF thermal imaging binoculars are built with the classic design of daytime binoculars. With a small form factor, these thermal imaging binoculars fit comfortably in the hand, but still offer appealing external aesthetics and exemplary ergonomics. The six function buttons are placed in the comfort access zone and the most used digital device functions are activated with a single touch.
To hunt in the dark, you have to be covert so that you don’t alert the animals to your presence. To prevent backlight from shining from your eyepiece, switch it to stand-by mode using the Display Off feature. To simplify this task, MERGER LRF is equipped with a proximity sensor that acts as a display switch preventing backlight exposure in the dark. When the unit is moved away from the eyes, the proximity sensor turns both displays off and when the unit is brought closer, both displays switch on giving excellent image quality.
The sensor helps to achieve three key goals:
1.) Improved ergonomics of use
2.) Prevents backlight exposure
3.) Saves energy
Note! If necessary, the sensor can be deactivated in the Main menu > General settings > Proximity Sensor.
Precise laser rangefinder
Understanding the target distance is an essential factor in making the right decisions. A built-in laser rangefinder with a range of up to 1 kilometre allows you to measure distances in single measurements and continuous scanning modes with an accuracy of ± 1 meters for quick and error-free assessment of the situation.
High definition thermal imaging with 640x480 pixel @ < 25 mK NETD sensor
A high sensitivity sensor with < 25 mK NETD captures minimal temperature differences when observing in conditions of low temperature contrast, as well as during rain or fog. The 640x480 pixel resolution ensures reliable identification of the target, high-quality visualisation of important anatomical features of the animal plus minute details of the surrounding landscape.
Comfortable viewing experience
The Merger LRF binoculars’ optical design fully takes into account the nature of human vision. It is natural for a person to receive visual information through two visual channels simultaneously. Viewing with two eyes is less tiring than viewing with one. This means better detection of small or faint objects, and better performance in low-contrast scenarios than similar monocular thermal imaging devices with the same technical level. The interpupillary distance in the Merger LRF binoculars is adjustable from 56 to 71 mm in accordance with the individual characteristics of a particular user.
Latest image processing algorithms
The Merger LRF thermal imaging binoculars are equipped with advanced image processing algorithms that show their effectiveness under different weather conditions and device operation scenarios. With the Merger LRF eyepieces, the user receives a new level of clear and noise-free imaging, with increased object details and improved contrast.
Two independent batteries. Up to 10 hours of continuous work
The Merger LRF is powered with two rechargeable batteries: one built-in with a capacity of 4 Ah, the other replaceable with a capacity of 3.2 Ah. A single charge guarantees up to 10 hours of battery life. The embossment on the body of the replaceable battery for accurate determination of the correct position makes it possible to quickly and confidently replace a flat battery with a new one in complete darkness by touch.
Long detection range
A powerful long-distance objective lens combined with a 640x480@17µm highly-sensitive thermal imaging sensor provides exceptional detection capabilities. A standard 1.8m tall object can be detected up to 1800 m away in complete darkness.
• 2.5х-20x variable magnification
• High-quality reinforced magnesium alloy housing
• Built-in photo and video recorder
• Stream Vision 2. Wi-Fi integration with iOS and Android devices
• Improved Wi-Fi connectivity with 2.4 / 5 GHZ waveband support
• High-contrast HD AMOLED displays
• A selection of 8 color palettes
• IPX7 Waterproof Rated
• Wide range of operating temperatures (-25 to +50°C)
• Sensor: 640x480 @ 17 µm (NETD <25 mK)
• Objective lens: F50 / 1.0
• Magnification, x2.5 – 20 (x8 zoom)
• Field of view (HxV), degrees / m@100m: 12.4 x 9.3 / 21.8 x 16.3
• Detection range: 1,800 m
• Interpupillary distance adjustment: 56 - 71 mm
• Eye relief: 15 mm
• Wifi Frequency: 2.4 / 5 GHz
• Type: uncooled
• Resolution: 640x480 Pixels
• Pixel pitch: 17 µm
• NETD: <25 mK
• Frame rate: 50 HZ
• Type: AMOLED HD
• Resolution: 1024 x 768p
• Video/Photo resolution: 1024 x 768p
• Video/Photo format: .mp4/.jpg
• Built-in memory: 16 GB
• Safety class for laser equipment according to IEC 60825-1:2014: 1
• Wavelength: 905 nm
• Max. measuring range: 1000 m
• Measurement accuracy: ± 1 m
• Degree of protection: IPХ7 (waterproof)
• Operating temperature range: -25 – +50°С
• Mount type: 1/4" socket
• Supported Application: Stream Vision 2
• Output voltage: 3.7 V
• Battery type: Dual Li-Ion power system: APS 3 changeable battery (3.2 A·h) and built-in battery pack (4.0 A·h)
• Capacity, mAh: 3200 (external) + 4000 (internal)
• Operating time on battery pack: 10 hours
• External power supply: 5 V(USB Type C)
Weight & Size
• Body material: Magnesium alloy
• Dimensions: 196 x 143 x 76 mm
• Weight: 0.8 kgs